My research interests include security studies and foreign policy decision making
- “To Resist, Acquiesce, or Internalize: Departmental Responsiveness to Demands for Outcome Assessment (With Candace Young and Debra Cartwright). 2014 Journal of Political Science Education 10(1): 3-22.
- Full Article: pse-article-2014-young-cartwright-rudy
- “Evaluating the Monadic Peace.” (with Stephen Quackenbush). 2009. Conflict Management and Peace Science 26(3): 268-285.
- Full Article: monadic-peace-cmps
- “Testing Dynamic Theories of Conflict: Power Cycles, Power Transitions, International Crises and Militarized Interstate Disputes.” (With Patrick James and Luis Hebron). 2007. International Interactions 33(1): 1-29.
- Full Article: hebron-james-and-rudy-2007
- “Transforming Slovenia’s Military: Moving Toward NATO Membership.” (With Ryan C. Hendrickson). 2003. Journal of Slavic Military Studies. 16 (4): 46-57.
- Full Article: hendrickson-and-rudy-2004